Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2022

To chicken to leave.


     We had our first significate snow fall yesterday about 5 inches. The new chickens that where born this past spring/summer, lets say they where in shock. They did not want to come out to eat or drink.  I had to carry the CHICKENS to the garage to eat. Once there they did not leave as the older chickens that have experienced snow where running between the coops, barn and garage.  
    That night I was putting everyone in for the night and again had to carry the scared chickens back to coop. This took some time as they where hiding in the garage.  I thought I had them all but learned one of the newest hatchling did not get in her cage with her nest mate. I went back to the garage to look for her and crawled around till I conceded defeat and yell, OK stay in here by your self.
    The next morning I was standing at the kitchen sink filling pails of water, I looked out the window and something in the tree caught my eye.  The damn chicken was in the tree above the barn. It was in the teens during the night and the wind was blowing. How the damn chicken got up there or  survived I have no idea. I wonder if I can get the fire department to come get her out.



       

No comments:

Post a Comment