Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Horse Tails


 
   As I get older I try to make every move count, so doing something twice is a waste of energy.  Sometimes just thought of doing something again will make my language become so colorful I hope no one hears me. 
      I have a gate in the barn that separates the  goats and the horse. Well it only works on 6 of the 7 goats. One is a jumper and goes into the horses stall and eats his food and jumps back to get her share of the goats feed.  I have had to goat proof this gate. I hung some wire fencing over the opening above the gate.  Now I have to put extra locks on the gate to keep the horse from going into the goats area as he will chase them and the distraction on the barn and its contents are another opportunity for me to use my colorful language. 
    Now unlocking this Fort Knox lock down in the morning is not fun so I only want to do it once a day.  I have to grab the hay bin and water buck after all leave the barn. Then lock it all down again so they don't leave the barn. 
    My mind is in the O zone  and I am unlocking the gate and Elliott is standing by the gate. I shut the gate but did not lock all down thinking I need to make 5 steps to grab the water bucket and out we go. Oh Hell NO the damn horse has opened the gate and walking out by the time I turned around. I took one big leap and grabbed his tail thinking I would stop a moving frieght  train as it was leaving the barn. That was my first mistake. My second one was not letting go when I knew it was a freight train.  
    It has been six weeks now and my finger is still bent and a little swollen. The pain is mostly gone as long as I don't move it side to side or pinch the fingers together.  I really think this is not going back straight but as long as its not broke I can live with it.
    Note to self: don't grab the horses tail he won't stop, just get the water bucket later.




No comments:

Post a Comment